Wednesday 19 May 2021

Fresh Pastures and New Ideas

Hi Everyone,

After 10 years as Founder and CTO at Faradion Limited I have decided that the time is right for a change of direction. Moving forward I will remain with the company as the Chief Scientist. But this change will also allow me to explore some new opportunities within the battery sector. On that basis, I have re-launched my consultancy business – Jerry Barker Consultants.

I would like to thank everyone at Faradion for the past 10 years - it has been a hugely rewarding experience. There is little doubt that Faradion’s Na-ion battery technology has a very bright future. High performance, low-cost and sustainable. What’s not to like? I am honoured to contribute to this success as the Chief Scientist.

On a broader theme, this really is a defining moment in the history of batteries and battery innovation. There is a huge market demand for low cost and high-performance energy storage. As a community, where do we go from here? What does the future hold? What are the really key challenges? What are the best next gen technologies? Beyond Li-ion cell chemistries, all solid-state cells, fast charge acceptance, anode-free technology, novel and inexpensive cell manufacturing methods, sustainability, new electrode architectures, low cost active materials, electric vehicles, new markets and applications, recycling and second use. These are just some of the areas where major technical advances will follow.

From a commercial standpoint, how does the UK (and for that matter, Europe) remain relevant? How do we convert cutting-edge fundamental battery innovation into commercial success? This will require some fresh thinking plus new ideas and major technology innovations.

I will keep you posted on my future plans as they emerge. In the meantime, please keep in contact and I thank you for your continued support.

Good Luck!

Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment